Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Films


Summer has been relatively cool until a couple of days ago. This sudden heat wave is just insane! Knee deep into summer & I still have one more convention to go to. Which one? I'll be heading over to San Diego Comic Con this year but not only as someone who'll be volunteering for the first time there. I've been going for far too long, this would a nice change of pace.

As you all may or may not know -- San Diego Comic Con has turned into such a big media event where new movie previews are usually announced. Hopefully the movies this time around will be a little more...I don't know...worth while? Not that I am complaining, so far the movies I have bothered to see this summer weren't...err...too bad. I missed a couple of others but its only because I'm not quite sure whether I really wanted to see them or not.

Either way ... what movies had I seen?


First off - Iron Man 2. After watching the first Iron Man I wanted to watch this movie. Overall I enjoyed it with the storyline & visual effects were wonderful tho I thought the first one was a lil better. I was inclined to watch it twice with two different groups of friends.



Oh I was really lucky to go about watching this. After watching Up. I had a really sad moment & I wasn't really quite sure whether Pixar was gonna do that again. When I ended up watching Toy Story 3 I honestly did love the storyline & all the little funny moments. Yes, it did even have a sad moment where I couldn't help but teary-eyed. I think it wasn't too bad, the girl who sat in front of me was bawling...I can't necessarily blame her.


Last but not least this movie. Honestly I tried to give it a shot but after hearing the reviews & unfortunately being a fan of the cartoon series. This ended up being one of the more disappointing movies I saw this summer. A lot of other moments within the series could have been added. It just felt a bit rushed which really left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouth. I tried to find a bright side, like if folks who haven't seen the cartoon series may find this passable but even then with the lack of feeling & acting...I'm not sure if that's possible.

Unfortunately...this director is cleared to direct another film. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing it.

See, not too much of a variety of movies but I did try to make an effort. I imagine I missed maybe one or two more but I doubt that. With San Diego Comic Con coming around, we'll see what I'll have to look forward to next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment