Wednesday, July 21, 2010

San Diego Comic Con 2010 - Preview Night


Greetings from San Diego! Over at the San Diego Convention Center, I am fortunate to be apart of this large comic convention once again in 2010. Luckily since I had gotten my staff badge on Monday, I really didn't have to worry much about the long lines, the wait, the people and the hassle.


The first night is preview night. So folks who haven't bought their preview night + 4 day passes are going to be apart of the fun tomorrow. From the looks of it, with additional hotels opening to accommodate more people coming in, this will be another full event. Unfortunately, not all the cosplayers were out in mass (and the very few I did see, I didn't have a camera readily available).


-----

Before I continue on, why preview night? Why when all the events, the panels, the glitz, the glamor & Hollywood will be there Thursday through Saturday? Two words: Sale deals. They only come around during Wednesday & Sunday. Wednesday for all the lucky con goers who went to preview night, vendors at the exhibition hall throw special sale deals only for that night. Sunday, well its the last day, vendors are looking to offload as much merchandise as they can, so what do they do? Sell sell sell!

-----

I can't even begin to emphasize -- so much free swag. Folks in the exhibitor floor made the best of what they're doing by giving out the most interesting swag so far. Oddly enough, one that I will mention off the top of my head is the bag that kinda doubles as a backpack which is pretty neat. Foam mega man hands is probably another mention worthy free swag that they're getting and last but not least the galactus headpiece a lot of folks were wearing...in mass.

-----


Fortunately I ran up & down the halls to scope out the whole place, figure out what I want or may try to buy on Sunday. Since it is preview night, there was a teeny bit more room for walking space but not by much I was able to walk through. The atmosphere, the fun & the company is proving to be very interesting this convention time this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment