Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Collection of Friends

Where does the meaning of friendships begin & end? I'm not really exactly sure about that in all honesty. The reason this comes up to mind is because jumping from one interest to another I've gained friendships but at the same time I've lost friendships as well.

Besides, before I even bothered to jump into the scene, I would be in online groups doing some random things but even then that was just pure social interaction & doing some things I enjoyed. Oh sure, in-between all that it wasn't just those online groups, I had dabbled in a little bit of online versus games, whether it was a version of online scrabble or online chess, it kept me thinking, but it didn't have the social interaction MMOs have these days. It is a little weird.

I started to lose the friendships I had gained in these online groups, not to mention never made any friends in a little friendly competition or two. I can't help but think and wonder if I made my way back there, would they still consider me as a friend?

The MMO scene was pretty neat I must admit, the social interaction & cooperation is fun not to mention addicting. Where have I been?


Ever since I was little, I've always loved comics, whether it was DC or Marvel or DH or whichever when I heard City of Heroes came out I did play this. I enjoyed the customization of each character & the storylines that were there. Granted, the play was a bit simplified, I did like it. Whether it was this or the follow up for it -- City of Villains, it was something definitely fun & new. The friends I had made, the super group I had made & everything was so fun, but unfortunately it did come to an end. Unfortunately saying goodbye not only to the game but to some really awesome people from there. Who knows though ... I may someday want to come back & play again.



This is one game I currently still play but not as often as I should. Recently I had been an unfortunate victim of hacking & to be honest, it did suck, considering they cleaned out a lot of items I had gotten in game & gold, also geez they were about to sell off my two other characters onto two different servers. Bleh, regardless of this almost having me commit to quitting, it has been a wonderful game to play. The game play itself is a little more complex in comparison to City of Heroes/Villains not to mention the lore & questlines tied in well to compliment the game itself. Granted I didn't start w/ the previous Warcraft games, I admit I have become another follower of Warcraft. The friends I do have & the others who I had met made WoW a bit interesting.


This is my current addiction as well. I'm not really sure why I still play this considering of its ups and downs on the north american server. What changes? Well it was first the company changes that had happen to GM changes & an accumulation of a lot of lovable fun friends, not to mention a FAM that are full of funny, creative & silly people. Not sure if I or will I quit but if I do, I know I'll miss these friends as well.

Now have I ever gotten close with any of these friends that I have made in any of these MMOs? Yes and no, only because they became really good friends to a point where I don't think I could ever say goodbye to. With the exception of City of Heroes/Villains where circumstances were beyond my control, the friends I've made were all wonderful but the ones I left I wonder if they still remember me, or consider me a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment