Monday, September 20, 2010

Starting a new ...

Having my cake & eating it too ...

What constitutes for a birthday? Well technically it goes as follows : [original link]

Birthday

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A birthday, as the term implies, is the day or anniversary of the particular day on which a person was born.

Though by no means universal, birthdays are celebrated in numerous cultures, often with a party or, in some

instances, a rite of passage. Though major religious traditions such as the Buddhist or the Christian celebrate

the birth of their founders, the most prominent example of which isChristmas, principled opposition to the very

idea of celebrating birthdays is to be found among certain religious groups.

-----


So where do I go from here? After much contemplation over this past year, I had come to a conclusion: attempting

to make amends. I figured since it is a new year for me, its a new start. Apologies were made, mis-communications

were clarified & just to keep an open mind (& heart) as this is a new year.


Was I successful?


I would like to think I was but I know I'm not. Hopefully, where strained relationships & friendships went awry isn't

an indication of where they will lead in the future. After-all I have this weird superstition of mine - any indication of

where things ended in terms of friendships, relationships & even laundry, will dictate how things will be within this

following year...I could be wrong, I may be thinking about the actual New Year (Jan. 1st)...


-----


I have learned something though, those who have wished me a happy birthday, I am thankful that people remember

& I'll thank them once again (and the little facebook reminder that came with it. HAH xD!)

1 comment: