Thursday, September 16, 2010

Questioning infomercials

Blame utter insanity ~ watching infomercials from time to time -- you can't help ... 'are they serious'? I guess this applies to the idea of being mindful of how to advertise. Quite possibly good products with good intentions, but its questionable on how they are being advertised. Bringing up two infomercials that comes to mind with being mindful of how to advertise is as follows:

The Tiddy Bear

Thoughts: Seriously? I mean, I can understand it being fun & entertaining for children, but is me? Or is there one too many chest shots? (Not to mention majority of them are conveniently wearing tank tops of some shape or form?)

The Shake Weight
For men:

Now don't worry, the shake weight provides equal opportunity for both sexes...

For women:

Thoughts: At first I thought 'hey! what a neat invention! but...does it really work?' Until watching this with one of my friends, he starts to laugh for no reason ... why? He decides to point out what is wrong ... and I'm just speechless from this point on ...

-----

Now! Don't get me wrong ... like I said before, I imagine these are good little inventions will good intentions ... but with the rules of properly advertising / creating logos etc. I guess it goes beyond creating logos for companies when wanting to push a reasonably probably good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment