Monday, September 13, 2010

The Muse : Music soothes the restless dreamer ...

It has been several days & I have managed to get back into some form of drawing once again. Finishing a couple of digital artwork pieces but nothing in my sketchbook quite yet. The reasons behind all of this has oddly been through a few of reasons.

-----

1st reason: I've been getting back into watching anime & for some odd reason, it has compelled to draw. Which anime have I watched? Well I was able to finish the anime Genshiken, both seasons 1 and 2 (including the OVA). The anime overall is pretty good in my opinion. In a way it feels like its a slice of life but through the eyes of college people. This covers all aspects of 'otakus', from the types that there out there to the interests they take in.

2nd reason: Collaboration - I have been able to play on ArtStudio with my cousin's iPad, everytime I manage to draw something, my cousin ends up inking, coloring & shading. In my opinion, I think its kinda good for both of us. He gets to get back into his artistic side & I get to work with a different medium.

3rd reason: Music - recently have gotten back to listening to Linkin Park. I dunno, been enjoying listening to them. From their stuff from the beginning to their new music that's coming out soon. I haven't been disappointed with any of their music so far, its nice to see a band trying new things & looking forward to their new album coming out.

-----

I have learned my lesson ~ I will try not to burn myself out by putting as much artwork as I did...or well try not to lose that artistic drive ... here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment