Friday, January 4, 2013

CherBear's Reflect/Aspiration - Dec.'12/Jan.'13




First off - Happy 2013 New Year!

We'll see how I'll be going about discussing everything.

I guess I really didn't post anything for the final week considering that the end of the month & year was literally falling within the week the new year began. This - I will give my best shot on.

The day before New Year's Eve - I had managed to head up to see my cousins at a pizza place; play some Munchkins until the pizza place closed, did some catching up & then moved it over to their place to play more Munchkins. I ended up helping the younger one of my cousins make some rice crispy treats w/ lil bits of mini marshmellows in it. Before we ended the evening, I had ended up sharing my recipe for smore bars (basically graham cracker cereal, melted chocolate/marshmellow mix w/ lil bits of chocolate & mini marshmellows in it) for my cousin to make them to bring to a New Year's Eve party with some friends.

New Year's Eve - No real necessary plans. Not falling for the typical superstitions of a clean home to welcome the New Year. Technically I wasn't home. I found out my friend picked up a couple of hours of work during New Year's Eve & I figured, I'd hang out with them, it was only 3hrs & I didn't mind it. The year essentially started off with a lil celebration but the day, like many things just ended up as any other day. Though I must admit, I was a lil annoyed due to the fact someone massed texted everyone a Happy New Year & got replies from strangers with phone numbers I didn't know. Oh well, it was cool but still, this is why I take the time to text everyone individually to prevent all that.

Overall year in review - I had taken some time to look over my artwork & see how I progressed over the years. More or less; it was a rather interesting eye opener. I think I'm improving but I can only continue to improve from this point on. I look forward to try & push myself more.

As January started & aspirations set - I think I have more encouraging signs that this year will be rather promising.

The rest of the week had been finishing a New Year's theme'd drawing to doing some impromptu livestreaming that had some in-game sketching involved. Little did I know that sketch ended up being shown & apparently they said I'm one of many 'pros'. Not sure how to quite process that. My creative luster hasn't extinguished but after looking over my year of drawings, I realized even though I have shown progressions of change & improvement; I got lazy at one point. Maybe it was a point of depression or just my cheery disposition came to a breaking point that I wasn't quite sure how to handle it. I do remember I was close to just unraveling & unraveling badly.

I know I shouldn't reflect upon that; what's done is done, the past is in the past & really shouldn't worry about it, but for some odd reason I end up going back to thinking about that point this past year & then the feeling of wanting to fade away into the darkness just lingers. It's petty I know but eventually, I'll get over it or push it aside again & let it bury in the deep recesses of my twisted mind.  I know a lot of it factors into this month being an important anniversary of sorts. For those who know this particular situation; do not worry, it has been a bit easier each year since its been 5 years.

Anyways - I'm taking my sweet time posting up new things & I am debating of making my own customized backgrounds & journals that are Audition Online Themed or something along the lines of around my Audi character CherBear; we'll see how that goes considering I'm looking into it. So I'll probably have a new theme up by next month depending if I don't get sidetracked with anything else.

As for resolutions for this year; I broke it down to three -

Realistically/reasonably:
Attempt:
Unrealistic but still possible:

Best of luck to me this year!

Anyways! Before I completely forget, I did realize - looking back at my old goals.


" - Reach 20,000 kiribans before 2013
      - Provide a ss & post it to link it to me I will do a full commission of your choice in copic marker/mix media for free as my way of saying thanks. This goes to the first person who post & messages me this. (if somehow I pass 20,000 kiribans, every 10k milestone ss after that within 2012 *tho doubtfully that'll happen* I will do another one. Same rules applies.)
 - Reach 200 llamas before 2013
    - No ss needed, whoever is listed to give me the 200th llama has the option for a digital drawing for free of their choice. (For every 100th llama after that within 2012 terms still apply.) "

I didn't exactly hit 20,000 which is too bad. I got to 15,000 and I'm happy :) I hope to hit 20,000 so I'd like to hopefully hit 20,000 before 2014 so the rules still apply.

As for 200 llamas before 2013, I DID reach that. BUT backtracking on who gave it to me; they really didn't say anything so whoever is the next to give me a llama & I'll give one back; you can pick a digital drawing from me too. :) So someone pay attention! xD; hehe!

My new goal is to hopefully hit 300 llamas! So as the story goes; I get a llama, I give a llama but looking at the llama badges, I feel bad, who did I forget to give llama's too? ><' Hmph ...

So as I conclude - like the optimist that I am. Look onto this New Year - positive w/ reasonable expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment