Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Thanksgiving wrap up - food & shopping aftermath




First off -

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. whether it was spending time with family or really good friends while having your fill of turkey, pie, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, the usual Thanksgiving spread, etc. I think I have even though I gave up on one plate & just randomly snacked on dessert items & drank. Easily enough - that food coma was quite easy to get into. Food wise, it was another year of contributing so yes - that means cooking. I ended up doing this whole 'bacon explosion'; which boils down to having 2lbs of bacon & ground pork rolled up into a log; baked first then broiled to get the bacon exterior crispy - one word can sum that up; delectable. Lechon Kawali; 5lbs of basically boiled then broiled (normally fried) pork belly & smores bars; that consisted of golden graham cereal & mini marshmellows mixed with melted chocolate/marshmellow. Threw in some alcohol too. All either had ended up being eaten or taken home - more or less a comforting success.

For all those who dare stepped into the madness which is known as Black Friday. Kudos. Hopefully - you got everything you wanted & wanted to give for Christmas. For those who haven't (most likely like me) are just gonna pro'ally do the whole online shopping at the very latest - Cyber Monday & get that done then.

Through out this week though - I've either been productive, lazy or busy this week; it couldn't be helped.

My lull moments consisted of changing design layouts; whether its on my art sites or forums - I was compelled to go that far to do a lil tinkering here & there.

Art wise: I have been participating in some contests, whether its on here or on the forum boards. I've been prioritizing on what needs to be done first. The end result of all this creativity that's still very much keeping me productive.

Overall;
No laptop or computer crashes. Changing design layouts have had me considering whether I should create my own customized background stuff eventually. Having to work on some of these contest stuff have changed & shifted my artistic style yet again. Some chatting with some other artists have had me to consider looking up new brushes & color palettes to download too. Other than that - I've been feeling sore, tender & achy - yet I'm not sick. Hopefully I'll recover from this sooner than later.

Anyways - onward! To Christmas! Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment