Sunday, December 8, 2013

CherBear's Thoughts: A Bad Start to December



So December didn't really start off that great for me...

but before I go into that, I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays & a belated Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone celebrated well, ate lots & spent time with good people. I had a good Thanksgiving & spent it with good company.

As for my ordeal, my typical routine of doing laundry went horribly awry. It started off okay. Made myself dinner, gave my dog a bath, cleaned up kitchen, started doing laundry. 1st load went fine, 2nd load ... *sigh* I went back downstairs to find my whole 1st floor flooded & I mean the whole first floor. I ran into the garage, shut off the water valve & called my roommates to let them know what happened. There was maybe half an inch of water? Maybe less but still it was really bad. This has been the 4th incident, this has happened before, 1 other time upstairs from my bathroom & the fridge...out of all those times, this was the worse. Honestly, I still have that lingering guilt. Currently, there's industrial fans & dehumidifiers littered all over the floor. Home insurance was contacted & now its a hopefully quick repair of the first floor. 3-4hrs of sucking up & mopping up water 2-3hrs of moving things out of the closets that had carpet. Either way, ugh, still just not a good start.

Talking to @MiloBear I've come to a realization that my time has been mismanaged & I've been literally all over the place. Whether it was one thing or another, pen & paper roleplay, meet ups, anime screenings, visiting family, hanging out with family, I guess its due to the holidays but still. 

My art? Doing a little more, planning to reschedule my livestream & participate in more contests if time allows it.

My gaming? Casual, nothing has changed too much other than meeting more gamer friends.

Rest of the month? I hope to continue to help with this whole flood fiasco on the 1st floor, other than that, look for work still, hang out with family during the holidays & that's it, I hope. But with how the month started & not knowing the wild factors, I just hope that the rest of the month goes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment