Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Days ... nearing an end ...

(Note: Lovely DA Pic of a Summer Sunset @ Alaska by Last Remnant)

Summer in review --

Well this would technically end for the northern hemisphere no? It has been a wonderful 2010 Summer. Before I continue on, thank you for your concerns about my problems about dreaming. Hopefully I'll find my way out. I was lucky to keep a productive summer & did my fair amount of research. Even though I'm a bit disheartened, I kind have lost my drive to draw at the moment. I hope I can find it again. Just a brief overview of what I have enjoyed during this summer & I'll discuss everything after Anime Conji @ San Diego.

Movies --

Other than what I had discussed earlier: Iron Man2, Toy Story 3 & the Last Air Bender. I had watched the movie Inception. There had been a lot of talk about this movie & luckily with family, we decided as a whole to go see it & see what was the big deal. After watching this movie, I admit, quoting as my cousin had said, "it saved the summer of movies that have been shown this 2010, but it also has ruined movies for me that I've seen before & possibly movies I'll be watching after this". It was definitely something different, refreshing & intriguing. Not to mention, being one who loves the mechanics of how dreams function, had pulled some favoritism strings too.

I firmly believe -- movies that provoke conversation speaks one of two things, how well the movie was made and/or how badly the movie was made. Luckily for Inception -- with sticking to the rules, the movie was indeed a solid screenplay. I believe I found myself discussing about this with friends around my local area, family & folks online.

Summer Fair --

Every summer there is always the county fair. I haven't been to the fair since I was real little, so going to the fair was definitely a treat this year. Though, is it bad that I wanted to go there to try county fair foods? Granted it was rich, out of the ordinary & a rarity, not to mention the guilt of eating it all -- it was worth it. What did I manage to eat?

  • Pork chop on a stick
  • Deep fried cheeseburger with bacon
  • Deep fried butter
  • Chocolate dipped bacon
  • Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich
  • Deep fried Klondike bar
  • Deep fried Australian Potato chips w/ ranch & cheese
  • Funnel cake
  • Deep fried oreos
  • Deep fried smores
  • Deep fried Snickers
  • Dreamsicle
  • Caramel Candied Apple
  • Caramel Apple
  • Cotton Candy
  • Fresh Squeezed Frozen Lemonade
Did I necessarily have that? Of course not! (I think I would've died from the food). It was me & two others who had went to the fair. Other than indulging on food, we went on a few rides & checked out all the neat crafted items, pictures that were taken, gems that were found, & high school year books. Overall -- such a lovely time!

Conventions --

Anime Expo 2010: A wonderful time, but only one day. I had discussed about it & hopefully maybe I can do this again for maybe a day or two. Oddly enough, it felt like it was a smaller attendance too. The people, the fun, the masquerade ball & last but not least, I escaped with a Redbana Audition/Mythos bag.

San Diego Comic Con 2010: Another big turn but I had discussed this all before.

-----

Overall, I have nothing else planned other than going back to the usual norm. Getting back to drawing, taking care of life priorities first & of course, taking sometime to remember someone I lost. Be well all!

No comments:

Post a Comment