Friday, July 12, 2013

CherBear's Thoughts - Summer Ongoings!



Greetings & salutations!

Its been quite busy & I wasn't kidding when I said I would be. 

The month ended & started off with going to Del Mar Fair, not only for the food - but checking out the farm animals & the overall theme for this year's fair. It was basically well ... family game night & I won't lie, I totally enjoyed the theme.

But ... I'll cut right to the chase, between myself & 3 other people, we didn't over do the fair food too much in fear of getting sick over it, but we had the following:
- 2lb turkey leg wrapped in bacon
- bacon cotton candy
- raspberry funnel cake
- nutella funnel cake
- big sundae cone
- smores ice cream
- bacon nutella sourdough
- bacon beer
- garlic butter bacon fries
- truffle butter bacon fries
- bacon cheese bomb

A few days later was pretty much Anime Expo, went Saturday & Sunday ...

Saturday - started off late, got there late. Managed to hang around the exhibition floor. We hoped to get into Masquerade, did we? Yes. In short - regardless of all my personal feelings towards Anime Expo - the skits were good, the format was great & the costumes were impressive, not to mention the show in-between the judging. This 'sold out' masquerade that everyone may or may not have heard? In short ... was a lie in my opinion.

Sunday - a reasonable earlier start. Managed to cover the rest of the floor, did I mention I saw Nexon there? First time since 2008 since they've been there, so I was genuinely shocked. After that, we checked out the Charity Auction then watched closing ceremonies. It was overall fun as usual & I had fun. PieBear- checked out chicks, got a couple of brain cells knocked loose, bought some more & caught & gave mono in the process.

During that whole process, I have been feverishly trying to get through requests & working on commissions, all before the main event.

Which event is that? - San Diego Comic Con. 

Well I am currently cleaning up & getting ready to host people over at Comic Con but working on requests & commissions before my 1 week hiatus beyond that, regardless of company, I'll see if I can continue working on them, if not, I'm looking definitely to buckle down & finish near the end of July. 

So this is my minor update for now. By the way, thanks to all the request people who have been patient & happy with the end result (if you pass the word along, I'd appreciate it so much!). 

That's it for now - I will be covering Comic Con when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment