Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Anime M² 2012 @ Anaheim Convention Center




It's been a couple of days of recovering & getting my laptop up & working. It's still a lengthy process but it is slowly getting there. I took a day to head up to Anaheim, California to stop by & check out Anime M² 2012 @ Anaheim Convention Center on Saturday to check out the Masquerade Ball.

Saturday - June 16th 2012:

Late start but close enough - myself, PieBear- & my cousin ended up at the Convention center around 1pm. There were plenty of cosplayers there & it seems a bit busier which is good. They weren't competing against Anime Expo like last year. The overall theme felt like it was Legend of Korra & My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic. I saw plenty of cosplayers dressing up like that.

First off I checked out the floor. It is a bit bigger this time around. There were more vendors from what I can tell. The middle section was filled with little games for people who bought tickets & to the other side, there's artist alley. Near the back there's bands that can set up to play, gamer areas & a My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic brony meet up.

After checking the floor out - there was only 1 panel I ended up checking out. The panel discussed about fandom in anime. Overall it was pretty fun - random surprises & discussed about how to incorporate fandom. They also turned around & discussed the bad things about certain animes. Overall - it was funny & fun - not to mention represented really well. PieBear- & my cousin ended up checking out the floor while I ended up drawing & killing time since the next event I wanted to go to was the Masquerade Ball.

Masquerade came pretty quick & there are plenty of seats. Only 13 entries & overall not too bad. Not to mention a wonderful show by a middle school marching band that ended up playing a mix of anime & video music. It felt like the Masquerade Ball is pretty short due to it only being 13 entries.

After the Masquerade Ball - ended up just hanging out & waiting because we were gonna catch the fireworks from Disneyland.

Overall - very fun for a free event. Next destination: Anime Expo in about 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment