Saturday, July 29, 2017

CherBear's Thoughts: SDCC 2017

So I will keep this short & simple mainly because I'll be discussing about San Diego Comic Con in a nutshell. New thoughts will be covered by next month including a schedule I've been meaning to implement until a change of pace in my lifestyle happens if or when that does.

So ...

Overall: My thoughts on SDCC 2017 was fun. Always stressful because having to deal with shuffling through easily 160k+ in attendance [ max @ 130k+ at the convention center ] but my group this year was more or less 3ppl so it wasn't stressful compared to prior years where I had a lot of ppl. Not to mention; I think I managed to cover more of the exhibitor floor then compared to years before.

Preview Night: Made a simple goal to touch Hall A's wall to Hall H's wall & I did. I was able to snap a bit of pictures but caught some celebs wandering the hall too which was cool. Lingered as long as I could even after the floor closed & there was so much room. Either way; even tho it was a late start into preview night, made it worthwhile.

Day 1: 1st day out of 4 where I took time to volunteer my time back into the con but in-between all that I scoped the floor most of the time. I think it was something I did actually miss doing even tho it seems like there's more & more people - but overall I tried to experience looking into every part of the con while I can.

Day 2: I think this was solo mode. I got to really people watch but spend time on the floor too. I think the nice part about this whole experience was the fact I was parking underneath the convention. So all my food & snacks were there so I wasn't exactly paying crazy prices of convention food.

Day 3: A more lazy day persay I was hanging out at the Masquerade line helping out some other friends who had came for that day to check out the con. Holding line position but I did manage to check out a fan panel & peek into the convention albeit briefly. I also did manage to catch Masquerade too.

Day 4: Last day & it didn't feel like it was dragging out. Went to the floor but spent more time around the volunteer area finishing up my time there. I had lots of fun. Granted it seemed a lil disjointed with misdirection, managing to help some lost people get around SDCC 2017 too either way. I look forward to next year since dates were dropped even before SDCC 2017 started & that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment